The news comes after Indian Army there were losses on both sides of the battle and one of its officers and two soldiers were killed in a “violent faceoff” at Galwan Valley, one of the four standoff points in the eastern Ladakh sector.
These are the first reported casualties in decades to result from a clash between the nuclear-armed neighbours. China has so far not confirmed the deaths or numbers of injured.
The Indian army said on Tuesday senior military officials from both sides were meeting to calm the situation.
The statement said: “Senior military officials of the two sides are currently meeting at the venue to defuse the situation.”
Reports suggest ammunition was used and it was a physical battle.