The US Department of Justice has expanded rules governing executions to permit a wider rage of methods, including firing squads and electrocution, as five federal inmates are set to face the death penalty before Inauguration Day.
The amended rule was entered into the Federal Register on Friday, permitting the government “greater flexibility” to carry out capital punishment using any method “prescribed by the law of the state in which [a] sentence was imposed.” While lethal injection remains the most common means of execution — and previously the only one permitted under federal regulations — the new rule will accommodate states that allow for alternative methods, including death by electrocution, nitrogen gas, hanging or firing squad.
The proposed rule change was initially floated in August — with the DOJ accepting public comments for only 30 days, half of the period typically allotted — and passed a White House review earlier this month, according to ProPublica, which was first to report on the amended regulation.
A Justice Department investigation found that federal prosecutors who oversaw a controversial non-prosecution deal with Jeffrey Epstein in 2008 exercised “poor judgment” but did not break the law, according to an executive summary released Thursday.
The investigation by the department’s Office of Professional Responsibility focused on the conduct of former federal government lawyers, including ex-Labor Secretary Alex Acosta.
“Letting a well-connected billionaire get away with child rape and international sex trafficking isn’t ‘poor judgment’ – it is a disgusting failure,” said Ben Sasse, R-Neb. “Americans ought to be enraged.”
AG Barr Continues Protecting the Swamp
Richard Pilger, a Department of Justice official who oversees investigations of voter fraud, stepped down from his role on Monday after Attorney General Bill Barr authorized U.S. attorneys to probe alleged voter fraud, the New York Times reports.
AG Barr Authorizes DOJ to Look into Voting ‘Irregularities’
Attorney General William Barr in a memo issued on Monday authorized the Justice Department (DOJ) to look into voting irregularities in the 2020 presidential election.
The memo was addressed and signed from Barr to U.S. Attorneys, the assistant attorneys general for the DOJ’s criminal division, civil rights division, the national security division, and the director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Christopher Wray.
“Now that the voting has concluded, it is imperative that the American people can trust that our elections were conducted in such a way that the outcomes accurately reflect the will of the voters,” the memo read.
Barr’s memo comes after 39 House Republicans pressed Barr in a letter on Friday to allow available DOJ resources to look into allegations of voting irregularities across the country in several key battleground states. The Trump campaign has filed a number of lawsuits in some of those states.
OUTRAGE: AG Barr Ignores Election Fraud, Says Report Issues to FBI
Before the 2020 Presidential Election AG Barr declined to indict any individuals on crimes involving the Deep State’s actions related to the many crimes surrounding Hillary’s emails, the Mueller Russia coup, the Iran deal or any of the many corrupt activities of the Democrats or Deep State.
Barr announced that his investigator into the Mueller coup, US Attorney John Durham, would not have any indictments before the election. Obvious crimes related to Hillary’s emails remain unchecked and the many crimes uncovered related to the Bidens found on Hunter Biden’s laptop remain ignored.
The Justice Department filed a long-expected antitrust lawsuit alleging that Google uses anticompetitive tactics to preserve a monopoly for its flagship search engine and related advertising business, the most aggressive U.S. legal challenge to a company’s dominance in the tech sector in more than two decades.
The case, filed Tuesday in federal court in Washington, D.C., alleged that the Alphabet Inc. unit maintains its status as gatekeeper to the internet through an unlawful web of exclusionary and interlocking business agreements that shut out competitors.
The government alleged that Google uses billions of dollars collected from advertisements on its platform to pay for mobile-phone manufacturers, carriers and browsers, like Apple Inc.’s Safari, to maintain Google as their preset, default search engine, creating a self-reinforcing cycle of dominance.
The upshot is that Google has pole position in search on hundreds of millions of devices in the U.S., with little opportunity for any other company to make inroads, the government said.
The Supreme Court agreed on Monday to review two controversial immigration policies from the Trump administration – the construction of a southern US border wall using diverted funds from the Pentagon, and a requirement that those seeking asylum at the border wait in Mexico while their cases are considered.
The justices will hear an appeal from the Department of Justice regarding a 2019 lower court ruling which found that the latter policy likely violated federal immigration law, according to Reuters.
The program, called Migrant Protection Protocols, remains in effect because the Supreme Court in March put the lower court’s decision to block the policy on hold while the legal battle continues. – Reuters
President of Judicial Watch Tom Fitton dropped a truth bomb – the FBI and DOJ were ruined trying to protect Hillary Clinton. The root of this evil is Hillary and Obama.
“I think we’re going to find out DOJ and FBI were ruined under the Obama admin and ruined to protect Mrs. Clinton.”
Victoria Toensing, the lawyer representing the FBI informant says there is “on-the-record quid pro quo” surrounding the Uranium One scandal with Bill Clinton receiving a $500,000 speaking fee from a Russian backed bank and the Clinton Foundation receiving millions of dollars from people involved on the deal.
Maria Bartiromo opened up her Sunday Morning Futures program in late September with the breaking news that US Attorney John Durham will NOT release his report before the 2020 election.
According to Bartiromo, a debate had begun within the Department of Justice as US Attorney John Durham’s criminal investigation is concluding. Sources said it was now too close to the election for the release and it could be viewed as politically motivated.
Upon hearing the news Senator Ron Johnson erupted saying NOT releasing the report on Obama spying on the Trump campaign and the attempted coup of President Trump is a politically motivated decision.
Senator Johnson is right!
Durham Investigating FBI Handling Of Clinton Pay-To-Play Allegations
Gowdy Assumes No More Durham Probe Indictments After Years of Hype
OUTRAGE: Durham Clears Swamp Creature Brennan of Criminal Activity
Trump Wants to Know When Barr Will Indict the Deep State
More than two dozen phones belonging to members of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s team were wiped clean of data before the Justice Department’s inspector general could comb them for records, the DOJ said in records released Thursday.
At least 27 cell phones were wiped of data before the DOJ inspector general could review them, some reset to factory settings and some wiped “accidentally” after the wrong password was entered too many times, according to 87 pages of DOJ records regarding the phones issued to members of the special counsel’s office. Including mobile phones that were “reassigned,” the Special Counsel’s office wiped a total of 31 phones.
A phone belong to assistant special counsel James Quarles “wiped itself without intervention from him,” the DOJ’s records state.
Andrew Weismann, a top prosecutor on Mueller’s team, “accidentally wiped” his cell phone, causing the data to be lost. Other members of the team also accidentally wiped their phones, the DOJ said.