Good news for Disneyland lovers: You’ll be able to get into Disney’s California Adventure soon. While the theme parks remain closed — and per this week’s guidance from California Gov. Gavin Newsom, won’t be opening anytime soon — Disney has found a loophole to get people into one of them. In November, Disneyland will be opening Buena Vista Street, the California Adventure counterpart to Disneyland’s Main Street U.S.A., for dining and shopping.
Disneyland posted a statement today saying that next month (the exact date is not yet known), they’ll be opening the front section of California Adventure, which will function like an expansion of the current offerings at Downtown Disney. Stores like Elias & Co. and Julius Katz & Sons will be open for shopping, and Trolley Treats — where the famous and highly coveted Disneyland Candy Canes are sold during the holidays — will be open for counter service.
One of California Adventure’s iconic dining destinations will be open, too: Carthay Circle Lounge, attached to the fine dining Carthay Circle restaurant, will be serving a new menu of cocktails and food with just-added outdoor dining. Smokejumpers Grill, next to the Soarin’ ride, will also be open.
Mayor Bill de Blasio bluntly said he has “no plan” for the return of indoor dining in New York City, citing a link between eating inside and a resurgence of the coronavirus in other parts of the world.
“Indoor dining, there’s not a plan right now,” de Blasio said on WNYC’s “The Brian Lehrer Show” Friday.
A Manhattan caller named Sharon had asked the mayor if there was any possibility that restaurants would be fully reopened this year. Right now, they’re only allowed to have outdoor seating or takeout.
“There’s not a context for indoor dining. We’re never saying it’s impossible. But we do not, based on what we’re seeing around the world, we do not have a plan for reopening indoor dining in the near term,” de Blasio said.
The impact of the global coronavirus lockdown is set to plunge 100 million people into extreme poverty, warns a new report by the Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting.
The report appears to pin the blame on COVID-19 itself for the economic impact, yet the actual culprit is discovered to be the “restrictions” put in place by governments in response to the pandemic.
From the report;
“With the virus and its restrictions, up to 100 million more people globally could fall into the bitter existence of living on just $1.90 a day, according to the World Bank. That’s “well below any reasonable conception of a life with dignity,” the United Nations special rapporteur on extreme poverty wrote this year. And it comes on top of the 736 million people already there, half of them in just five countries: Ethiopia, India, Nigeria, Congo and Bangladesh.”
Ron Paul: Coronavirus is the New ‘Terrorism’
Another wave of lockdowns has begun, and that is really bad news for the U.S. economy.
The first wave of lockdowns resulted in the permanent closing of more than 100,000 U.S. businesses, colossal lines at food banks around the nation, and the loss of tens of millions of jobs.
Needless to say, this new wave of lockdowns will make things even worse, and some are speculating that this is precisely what Democrats want.
If the U.S. economy continues to fall apart as we approach the election in November, the thinking is that this will make President Trump look bad and will make it more likely that people will cast votes for Democrats.
The US Labor Department reported that 5.245 million more Americans filed first-time claims for unemployment last week.
The new numbers include independent contractors and others who previously were not eligible for benefits.
That brings the total rise in US unemployment over the past month to over 22 million, nearly wiping out all of the job gains since the 2008 financial crisis. The previous record for initial jobless claims during the Great Recession was below 700,000.
Death Projections Drop, Unemployment Becomes a Crisis (Video)
Americans Fear Economic Depression More Than COVID-19
Deep Economic Suffering Has Erupted All Over America
Las Vegas Casino Workers Abandoned in ‘Ghost Town’
One of the big things that the Trump administration pushed for and Congress passed in the virus relief bill was something to help small businesses, to prevent them from going under and millions of people from losing their jobs. The program was funded with $350 billion.
It provides eight weeks of cash-flow assistance through 100 percent federally guaranteed loans, backed by the Small Business Administration.
As we previously reported, it’s already provided a tremendous amount of help for Americans who were forced to shut down by government closures over the pandemic.
Here are a few more examples of how the program is helping. The speed at which this was done is amazing.
As democrats in the Senate block the measure to add funding to the small business rescue package, they are simultaneously demanding that taxpayers shell out $10 billion for local “media outlets.”
The Epoch Times reported:
“For over a decade, there has been a steady succession of local outlets closing down, reporters being laid off, production schedules cut, and resources tightened as the growth of social media and technology platforms has concentrated critical advertising revenue in the hands of a few,” states an April 8 letter from 19 mostly Democratic senators, to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.).
Conservative Daily Post
Democrats Fight Trump Against Re-Opening Economy